The objective of this module is to introduce you
into the general concept of biodiversity and its implementation
to the practice of Integrated Coastal Zone Management
After successfully completing this module you will be
- give a definition of "biodversity"
- describe different types of biodiversity (habitat,
species and genetic);
- explain the connection of biodiversity with ICZM;
- appreciate the urgencies and benefits of biodiversity
- explain concepts like loss of biodiversity and biodiversity
- choose the right tools for biodiversity management
like socio-economic strategies, legal instruments,
funding and monitoring.