You are here: / Sources/ References
- Cicin-Sain B and Knecht R. W, 1998,
Integrated coastal and Ocean Management, Concepts
and Practices. Island Press.
- European Commission, DG XXIII. 1998.
Fact and figures on the Europeans on holiday 1997–98.
Eurobarometer, 48, Brussels.
- European Communities. 2000. Towards
quality coastal tourism. Integrated quality management
(IQM) of coastal tourist destinations. Luxemburg:
Office for Official Publications of the European Communities,
- German Federal Agency for Nature Conservation,
1997. Biodiversity and Tourism: conflicts on the world’s
seacoasts and strategies for their solution. Springer-Verlag
Berlin Heidelberg, 343 pp.
- Hall, CM (2001) Geography of Tourism.
Florence, KY and USA Routledge.
- International Friends of Nature.
Position paper of the International Friends of Nature
on the role of tourism in the context of sustainable
development (1998), edited by Manfred Pils and International
Friends of Nature; presented to the seventh meeting
of the Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD-7)
in New York, April 1999, 22pp.
- NOAA (1997) 1998 Year of the Ocean
- Coastal tourism and recreation. Webpage
- Sproule, K.W., 1996. ‘Community-based
ecotourism development: identifying partners in the
process’, Paper presented at the Ecotourism
Equation: Measuring the Impacts (ISTF) Conference,
Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies,
- Theodoropoulos M., Salman A. &
Koutrakis E.T., 2002. 'Coastal Guide, Country File:
Greece', EUCC, Leiden. www.coastalguide.org/icm/
- Uhlik, K.S., 1995. ‘Partnership
step by step: a practical model of partnership formation’
and Journal of Park and Recreation Administration
13 (4): p.13.
- CBSS: Council of the Baltic Sea
- DDBR: Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve
- EA: Environmental Auditing
- EC: European Commission
- EEA: European Environment Agency
- EIA: Environmental Impact Assessment
- EU: European Union
- FREE: Foundation for Environmental
- FTO: Federation of Tour Operators
- GCET: Global Code of Ethics for Tourism
- GNP: Gross National Product
- IC: Information Centre
- ICLEI: Local Governments for Sustainability
- ICOMOS: International Council on
Monuments and Sites
- ICZM: Integrated Coastal Zone Management
- ISO: International Organization for
- kWh: Kilowatt-hour
- MAP: Mediterranean Action Plan
- MORI: Market and Opinion Research
- NCAA: Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- NGO: Non-Governmental Organization
- NOAA: National Oceanic and Atmospheric
- PAP: Priority Actions Programme
- RSIS: Red Sea Information System
- SEA: Strategic Environmental Assessment
- TCC: Tourism Carrying Capacity
- UNEP: United Nations Environment
- UNESCO: United Nations Educational,
Scientific and Cultural Organization
- UNDP: United Nations Development
- WCED: World Commission on Environment
- WTO: World Tourism Organisation
- WTTC.: World Travel and Tourism Council
- WWF: World Wide Fund for Nature