At the end of the module the reader should be able to
- design a framework for ICZM process planning;
- set up an institutional/stakeholder analysis;
- identify different tools in support of spatial planning in ICZM.
At the end of the module the reader should be aware of
- the possible levels of participation of stakeholders and available methods;
- the institutional obstacles which can be in the way of a successful continuation of a ICZM process;
- the implications of sustainable development of Coastal Zones;
- the different techniques that exist for conflict management;
- the existing European policy and legislation affecting CZM;
- different spatial planning tools with their particular scope and application.