The main objective of this module is to introduce the reader into the importance of public participation for Integrated Coastal Zone Management.
At the end of the module the reader should be able to:
- point out the main aims, benefits and risks involved in public participation
- explain what is meant with the terms "public" and "participation"
- explain different social "levels" of public participation
- point out the main aspects of possible public participation strategies related to ICZM
- recognise different techniques in involving the public in decision making and their consequences for the organisation of public participation
- recognise different approaches, techniques and strategies in public participation case studies from Russia, Holland, Poland, Turkey and Ukraine.
Sinop Hamsilos Bay (a unique coastal form), Turkey, Black Sea